The Contrarian Entrepreneur Project is an membership-based education and creativity enterprise for ambitious professional services entrepreneurs.
The CE Project is not a "networking" or "referral" group. It's a tribe of smart, dedicated, creative and freethinking entrepreneurial professionals who are focused on community, relationships and learning. If that resonates with you, then you're invited to apply for membership in this group of like-minded doers.
The CE Project offers an array of educational, leadership development, and personal growth options, along with opportunities to develop deep and profitable professional relationships with peers who share your enthusiasm for learning, for business, and for life.
The Purposes of the Project:
- To create and maintain a shared learning environment for startup, early-stage, and growth-oriented professional services entrepreneurs.
- To foster the development of peer relationships that are deeper than those possible with traditional networking or educational groups.
- To focus on education, the creation of new ideas, the sharing of knowledge and experiences, and mutual help within the peer environment.
- To provide personal development and leadership development opportunities within the framework of the group.
- To focus on improvement, not on "success".
What It Is, and Who It's For:
- Entrepreneurship is not a spectator sport and neither is being a member of this group. Improvement and achievement require participation. This group is for the active, the smart, the serious, the dedicated, the learners, the doers, the creators, the early adopters, the experimenters, the brave and the bold.
- This group is very exclusive and not for everyone. Members must meet certain membership requirements and must maintain specified levels of active participation in group programs and activities.
What It Isn't, and Who It's Not For:
- It is not a "referral" or "lead exchange" group. If referrals happen, they will happen organically within the context of the normal functions of the group.
- It is not a place for the non-serious, the dabblers, lurkers, laggards, loafers, late adopters, daydreamers, spectators, people who think everything should be free, or who are just looking for canned answers to questions or one-size-fits-all solutions to problems, or who believe that it really is possible to get rich quick.
Membership Benefits Summary:
- Access to all current and future online courses is included in membership.
- A minimum of 2 live online workshop/discussion groups each month.
- Access to a secret Facebook Group where you can get help and provide help with business and self-development issues.
- A private online member directory with access to each member's complete profile.
- Opportunities to develop relationships with other members and build your own tribe.
- Optional access to private coaching and other business services at special member rates.
- Optional access to private, intensive, 10-person Mastermind Groups.
The 12 Cultural Principles:
Every organization or enterprise of any kind -- business, corporate, social, political, or religious -- has a specific culture built on specific principles. These are ours:
Business is all about relationships. Life is all about relationships. And it's better to have a smaller number of deep relationships than a greater number of shallow and casual relationships. Narrow and deep is better than wide and shallow.
Education and Ideas
Never-ending learning and the constant formation of new ideas comprise the foundation of personal and business improvement.
The application of information to the decision process. Don't just blindly accept what someone else says. Question everything. Decide for yourself. Figure out what works for you.
Think thoughts that you've never thought before.
Imagine things that you've never imagined before.
Be of assistance to other members. Share knowledge, expertise, and experiences. Ask for assistance from others when you need it.
The ability to think and act using knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense, and insight. You must find your own way rather than adopting someone else's way.
Authenticity and Transparency
Be yourself. Don't try to be a fabricated persona that you think other people will like. Be vulnerable. Be open. Be honest.
The execution of plans and intentions. Without this, nothing else matters.
Information + Ideas + Tools + Actions = Results. The focus is not on "success" - it's on improvement.
To a plan, to a structure, to your mission, to your goals, to others, to yourself.
The practice of regular measurement of personal and business improvement.
You are responsible for everything you think, say, and do.
Your thoughts engender feelings and actions - manage your thoughts wisely.
Words have meanings - choose your words carefully.
Actions create conditions and circumstances, for yourself and for others - think before you act.
Sample Education Topics:
This is a list of possible topics that will be presented and discussed in the live online workshops and discussion groups.
These workshops are for Project members only and are not available to the general public.
The list is subject to change.
= = = = =
The 12-Level Business Structure
Basics of Appreciation Marketing
Blogging -- Why It Might Be a Bad Idea
Brilliant Branding for Smart Professionals
Building Your Platform
Building Your Tribe
Calculating the Business Value of Contacts
Creating a Positioning Statement
Creating a Business Plan That's Not BS
Future Technology - Better Get Ready Now
How to Create Online Courses
How to Create a Membership Site
How to Design a Survey
How to Have a Wonderful Website
How to Manage a Research Group
How to Start and Manage a Mastermind Group
How to Start and Run a Podcast Show
Managing Your Self
Money Management for Entrepreneurs
PowerPoint Tips and Tricks
Public Speaking for Professionals
The Basics of CRM
The Business Engine
The Fearless Presenter Intensive
How to Create and Present Webinars
The Mysteries of Content Marketing
Time Management for Crazy-Busy People
Video Marketing for the Timid
Writing - It's More Important Than You Think
Basic Qualifications for Membership:
- Members must be solopreneurs (1-person businesses) in a service profession. The business may employ a small number of Form 1099 subcontractors, but not full-time employees.
- The business may serve either B2B or B2C markets, or both.
- Members may be in any development phase of their business - pre-launch, early-stage startup, or established and wanting to improve and grow.
- Members must be professionals who are serious about improving their businesses or practices and are willing to invest the time, energy, effort and resources to accomplish that.
- Non-entrepreneurial businesses, such as franchises, network marketing, or any enterprise selling somebody else's product using somebody else's business plan, marketing plan, and operational guidelines, will not be considered for membership.
- People whose primary goal is just to see how much money they can make will not be a good fit for this group.
- People who understand that the "why" is more important than the "how" will probably be a good fit for this group.
- Prospective members must complete a comprehensive online application survey and provide personal and professional references.
- This will be a small and exclusive group, limited to 50 members, and not all applicants will be accepted for membership. I'm looking for quality, not quantity.
Membership in the CE Project will open in May 2018.